Wednesday, October 27, 2010

We All Need a Reminder Sometimes.

This may be my favorite conversation I've ever had with a human being.
Location: SF Market on Wednesday around noon.

Normal chitchat with your checkout girl until we get to my final item: the chicken breasts of doom
COG(check out girl): Are you single?
self: Yep (my mind wanted to say 3546 other things)
COG: Yeah, it's usually only single people that buy chicken like this. You should see the moms! They come in and buy these huge..
self: ...family packs?
COG: Yeah! (starts to regret making me feel like smack apparently) Don't worry. One day, you'll be buying the family pack too.
self: Thanks K bye! (dies of shame and walks to my car and contemplates finding a new market to shop at)

It's a good thing I love my single life a little too much to care. Remember how it snowed Tuesday night? Yuck, no more thanks.

No comments: