Saturday, February 20, 2010

One of the Best Songs EVER.

Once upon a time, I absolutely HATED Coldplay. Anytime one of their songs came on the radio or on someone's ipod, I would dive across a couch, nearly crash the car, and nearly smashed the musical device playing the vile music and was willing to take out any person that even dared to stop me. When their album Viva la Vida came out, I scoffed at the fact that they had come up with another album. As any good music critic, I will listen to anything at least 3 times before I truly can say I hate it. I looked up their album on good old itunes and listened to about half the songs and saying that I was NOT a fan. I got to the song "Violet Hill" and thought that I would continue on my quest of Coldplay hating. Once the 30 seconds of the itunes clip was I, shock set in: I really liked it. Too make certain I wasn't just getting the only good part of the song, I looked it up on youtube and watched the music vid to come up with this realization: really liked it was an understatement. I was basically OBSESSED. I still am and from then on, I kind of like Coldplay. If you haven't heard "Violet Hill" watch this clip now ok? If you don't love it, I'm pretty sure something may be wrong with you but I still like you anyways.

No comments: